NEWS UPDATE: Fulcrum is facilitating a Local Non-Profits Collaboration Project for 2015-16 funded by the Oregon Community Foundation and local donors. The project is nearing the completion of its first phase. Join us for a culminating Summit Meeting on June 9 from 4-6 at the White Clover Grange. Stay for a Thai dinner afterwards. It’s on us!
Fulcrum Mission Statement: Fostering the transition of the Nehalem Bay community to a sustainable future.
Fulcrum is a non-profit 501(c)3 tax exempt corporation.
All donations are tax-deductible.
Incubating Community Sustainability
Our volunteer group initiates and coordinates local programs in north Tillamook County on the north Oregon Coast. We also sponsor others’ projects that fit with our mission and goals. We see Fulcrum, not as a hub, but as an enabling node – one of many groups locally who are organizing and creating projects.
Our guiding philosophy is that the most effective and innovative projects are initiated at the grassroots community level.
“We are friends and neighbors who have committed ourselves to the creation of a new paradigm of community. As we honor the best and truest of the past and present, we focus on supporting the birth of the new, midwifing the efforts of community members as we generate something that needs to exist to fulfill a vision that is articulated as we create it.
The tools we use include both the traditional legal and fiscal accountability systems and something that we are co-creating with our visionary partners in the community. Those new tools are also being articulated as we create them.
We do all of this in the name of a sustainable community, including elements of the past, the now, and the future.
We invite your joyful collaboration with us as, together, we create a world worth living in.”
Lianne Thompson, Board Member
Purpose & Goals:
- Manifest the deep interconnectedness and community that is the heart of sustainability… for our grandchildren.
- Initiate and sponsor projects that assist transition of the Nehalem Bay community of coastal Oregon to a sustainable future.
- Provide fiscal sponsorship (i.e. 501c3 tax exempt status) for funding for compatible groups and projects.
- Organize and network among local organizations, as well as connect us all to the outside world.
- Develop support services to simpatico local groups, projects, and events as an umbrella. For instance, thanks to Barbara McLaughlin, we regularly update a fundraising planning calendar for non profits to aid them in choosing effective dates for their events.