Fulcrum Mission Statement: Fostering the transition of the Nehalem Bay community to a sustainable future.
News Flash 6/16/20 – North County Business Relief Campaign just received a $30,000 grant from the Oregon Community Foundation to supplement the $57,000 already raised from individuals to help local businesses affected by COVID19 safety measures. These additional funds are now being distributed – follow the link to apply or to donate!
Incubating Community Sustainability
Our volunteer group initiates and coordinates local programs in north Tillamook County on the north Oregon Coast.
We also sponsor others’ projects that fit with our mission and goals.
We see Fulcrum, not as a hub, but as an enabling node – one of many groups locally who are organizing and creating projects.
Our guiding philosophy is that the most effective and innovative projects are initiated at the grassroots community level.
“We are friends and neighbors who have committed ourselves to the creation of a new paradigm of community. As we honor the best and truest of the past and present, we focus on supporting the birth of the new, midwifing the efforts of community members as we generate something that needs to exist to fulfill a vision that is articulated as we create it.
The tools we use include both the traditional legal and fiscal accountability systems and something that we are co-creating with our visionary partners in the community. Those new tools are also being articulated as we create them.
We do all of this in the name of a sustainable community, including elements of the past, the now, and the future.
We invite your joyful collaboration with us as, together, we create a world worth living in.”
Lianne Thompson, Board Member
Purpose & Goals:
- Manifest the deep interconnectedness and community that is the heart of sustainability… for our grandchildren.
- Initiate and sponsor projects that assist the transition of the Nehalem Bay community of coastal Oregon to a sustainable future.
- Provide fiscal sponsorship (i.e. 501c3 tax exempt status) for funding for compatible groups and projects.
- Organize and network among local organizations, as well as connect us all to the outside world.
- Develop support services to simpatico local groups, projects, and events as an umbrella. For instance, thanks to Barbara McLaughlin, we regularly update a fundraising planning calendar for non profits to aid them in choosing effective dates for their events. Also thanks to Barbara, since 2017 we have published a December Giving Guide for donations to local non-profits.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
“In my dream, the angel shrugged and said, ‘If we fail this time, it will be a failure of imagination,’ and then she placed the world gently in the palm of my hand…” Brian Andreas